CYALKIT-E04 S6AE102A and S6AE103A Evaluation Kit | Cypress Semiconductor
CYALKIT-E04 S6AE102A and S6AE103A Evaluation Kit
The CYALKIT-E04 S6AE102A and S6AE103A EVK is an easy-to-use energy harvesting evaluation kit used to develop applications that require battery-free operation or battery-life extension. This kit consists of an S6AE102A board, S6AE103A board, and a sensor board, along with a solar module, wires, and a coin battery for testing different configurations. The S6AE102A and S6AE103A boards have pin headers compatible with Arduino.
FLEXIBLE ENERGY HARVESTING POWER BOARD
This kit can be used standalone as an energy harvesting power board, or it can be used in conjunction with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Bluetooth® Low Energy Pioneer Kit that has compatible pin headers with Arduino to develop BLE-based battery-free wireless sensor applications.
THE ULTRA-LOW-POWER OPERATION
The CYALKIT-E04 S6AE102A and S6AE103A EVK is based on ultra-low-power, energy harvesting S6AE102A and S6AE103A PMICs. These PMICs enable ultra-low power operation with quiescent currents of only 280 nA and startup power of only 1.2 μW. This enables the boards to store slight amounts of power generation from a 1cm2-series solar cell under dark environments of approximately 100 lux, and provide power to the systems.
EFFICIENT POWER DELIVERY OPERATION
Power delivery is managed efficiently by a power-gating switch and multiplexer that ensure the connection between input source (solar cell or primary battery) and output load (system or storage capacitor) is fl exible and automatically controlled. Also, an interrupt signal and CR timers provide additional control for effective system operation.
- Input channel: two inputs for series solar cell and primary battery (option)
- Input voltage range: 2.0 - 5.5 V
- Input over voltage protection: 5.4 V
- Startup power: 1.2 μW
- Output channel: up to two outputs for different system loads
- Output voltage range: 1.1- 5.2 V
- Quiescent current: Down to 280 nA
- Power-gating switch: Up to two output power control circuits that control power provided to the system load
- Multiplexer: Select the power source from series solar-cell and primary battery
- Storage control: Store energy in up to two external capacitors
- Peripherals: - Low power (400 nA) LDO - Low power (30 nA) CR Timer (S6AE103A only) - Low power (20 nA) Comparator (S6AE103A only)
- Connected sensors: - Magnetic switch for door open/close detection – Light sensor for light on/off detection
- S6AE102A board, which uses the following Cypress device: - Solar-optimized energy harvesting power management IC S6AE102A
- S6AE103A board, which uses the following Cypress device: - Solar-optimized energy harvesting power management IC S6AE103A
- Sensor board (magnetic door sensor, light sensor)
- Series Solar Module (Panasonic AM-1801)
- Coin battery (CR2032)
- Two jumper wires