This product is Not Recommended For New Designs. Visit our Wireless Connectivity home page to check out our new wireless products.
The WirelessUSB LP (CYRF6936) is the second-generation 2.4 GHz RF technology from Cypress’s WirelessUSB family. It offers unmatched robustness and up to 100 m connection range with up to 1 Mbps data rate.
WirelessUSB LP supports a range of enhanced features including extended operating voltage range, best-in-class receive sensitivity and link budget, multiple data rate options, reduced crystal start up, synthesizer setting, and link turnaround times. WirelessUSB LP consists of a 2.4 GHz 1 Mbps GFSK radio transceiver, DSSS baseband controller, packet data buffering, packet framer, Receiver Signal Strength Indication (RSSI), and SPI interface for data transfer and device configuration.
In addition, WirelessUSB LP radio has a Power Management Unit (PMU), which enables direct connection of the device to any battery voltage ranging from 1.8V to 3.6V. The PMU conditions the battery voltage to provide the supply voltages required by the device and may also supply external devices
- Extreme Connection Robustness: Supports both GFSK & DSSS, fast startup and fast channel changes
- Unmatched Range: Up to 100 m range
- Unmatched Link Budget: Transmits power up to +4 dBm, receives sensitivity up to –97 dBm, Receive Signal Strength Indication (RSSI)
- Low Power: Sleep current less than 1 μA, operating voltage from 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Design Flexibility: Supports coin-cell operated applications, operating voltage from 1.8 V to 3.6 V, DSSS data rates up to 250 kbps, GFSK data rate of 1 Mbps
- Wireless Keyboards and Mice
- Remote Controls
- VOIP and Wireless Headsets
- Wireless Gamepads
- Automatic Meter Readers
- Personal Health and Entertainment